Thursday, January 12, 2012

Roof racks, kayaks, saturn vues and no luggage rack?

I have a saturn vue, new in 2007. This vehicle did not come with a luggage rack. I have two kayaks that i want to attach to my car and drive a long distance going roughly 70 mph. It appears i'll have to install a permanent system, but i'm at a loss of where to start. Does anyone have any advice on where to buy luggage racks and then kayak carriers, or if there is an all in one set? Thanks!Roof racks, kayaks, saturn vues and no luggage rack?
Earlier this spring I purchased a complete rack system for my Ford Focus from www.kayaks.net. They set me up with the fit kit and clamps that attach the bars to the roof rack, the bars, locks, and two kayak holders all made by Thule. It was pretty easy to install, you just have to follow the instructions provided for each piece. I called the customer service department for kayaks.net and they helped me pick out all of the right pieces for my Focus, but I know you can get the same info off Thule's site too.



This rack set up was a bit pricey but definitely worth the investment. Before I had a set of foam kayak blocks and a set of straps to attach my kayak to my car (this is a less expensive solution to your problem, these sets typically cost $50-$60). These foam block sets are easy to use, I just wanted something that I also put a luggage box on as well.



Hope this info is some help to you. Good Luck!Roof racks, kayaks, saturn vues and no luggage rack?
In Canada I would direct you to Canadian Tire. They can outfit just about any vehicle. Since the Saturn is a GM product it is likely that the Thule system will fit.

I ran your vehicle through the Thule web site and found a problem. Go to a Thule Dealer and watch them work the magic.

Try this site http://www.rackattack.com/ask-a-technici鈥?/a>

Tom
  • oil change
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment