Thursday, January 12, 2012

I have a GMC envoy. I have 2 kayaks. Anyone know what kind of roof carrier would be best and where to get?

I built mine for a pickup and now use foam blocks for single canoe on Jeep.

If I had to haul 2 kayaks, I'd look at Yakima or Thule

http://www.rei.com/racksI have a GMC envoy. I have 2 kayaks. Anyone know what kind of roof carrier would be best and where to get?
Well if you have an existing factory rack that consists of crossbars then all you would need would be a set a Yakima Hullraisers or hully rollers. Both easily mount onto existing factory rack systems and Yakima has a lifetime guarantee, something that Thule does not. If you don't have a factory rack then Yakima can also fit your vehicle with a cross bar system. They are available at Joe's Sports and outdoors and I also believe that REI carries Yakima products.I have a GMC envoy. I have 2 kayaks. Anyone know what kind of roof carrier would be best and where to get?
My personal choice would be one of Thule's carriers (and the requisite rack system):

http://www.thuleracks.com/carrier_water1鈥?/a>



While Thule and Yakima both offer similar products and lifetime warranties, I find the Thule products tend to feel better-built. They're also made in the US, whereas Yakima's products are imported.



If you want to use only one carrier, Thule has the Stacker, which holds up to 4 kayaks:

http://www.thuleracks.com/product.asp?de鈥?/a>



The other products hold a single kayak, but you should have more than enough rack width to mount multiple carriers.

No comments:

Post a Comment