Thursday, January 12, 2012

Is there a place to rent kayaks in Taos, NM or Santa Fe, NM?

Do not want a guided trip. I just need to rent kayaks, pfd's, and helmets (if available). Would need them July 4th weekend.Is there a place to rent kayaks in Taos, NM or Santa Fe, NM?
I found two:



http://www.go-newmexico.com/Santa-Fe/Gui鈥?/a>



The one is between Taos and Santa Fe (they rent "funyaks" which I gather are a kind of recreational boat, not suitable for whitewater.) The other, in Santa Fe, lists that they rent kayaks. I would call them soon if I were you -- they are bound to run out of gear quickly for a holiday weekend.



I'm assuming you are experienced paddlers and are not attempting any class of water that could be dangerously beyond your capacity? Not trying to dis you -- I worked for an outfitter for a while and have known a lot of people who got hurt and even died from jumping into "adventures" they were nowhere near prepared to deal with.



Hope you find the gear you need and have a fun trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment