Thursday, January 19, 2012

How to store a Kayak from a ceiling?

What is the best way to store kayaks (12 foot) from a ceiling of a garage. I still need to be able to park under them (2 kayaks). I want to find a cheap option that will keep my Kayaks safe.



Thanks.How to store a Kayak from a ceiling?
Fashion some slings from a medium heavy line.



Store boats upside down. Plastics require it and others will discourage animals from nesting.



Best of luckHow to store a Kayak from a ceiling?
I used a couple of eye hooks and some rope. Just find the joist in the ceiling. Screw the eye hooks in far enough apart from each other so the kayak will fit between them, repeat the same at the other end of the kayak, then tie some rope from hook to hook so that is long enough to fit around the kayak. Then slid the kayak under the loops of rope so it hangs. That's it. Cost me about $5. Hope this makes sense..How to store a Kayak from a ceiling?
The best way may not be the cheapest. Ask a carpenter friend to suggest a method. He will check clearances and locate suitable/safe hanging points. Will your car and kayaks clear the door opening? How physical are you? Can you hoist the boats into slings? How stiff are your kayaks? Can you simply use an eye bolt to hold each end to the ceiling? Have you room to use a cantilever rack?
I know kayaks are expensive and needs to taken care of. I recommend you to see www.oldtownkayaks.net, I read some articles there regarding kayaks care tips and etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment