Thursday, January 19, 2012

Please, tell me about composite and/or kevlar kayaks. Who makes the best kayaks and why is it the best?

It depends on whether you want a sit-on-top kayak or a sit-in, and also whether you want a recreational/touring kayak or white-water kayak.

I am most familiar with recreational/touring kayaks. For sit-on-tops, I would recommend the "ocean kayak" brand. For sit-in kayaks, I recommend Dagger or Perception kayaks. They make a lot of models, with a large variety of options. Good luck! Kayaking is so much fun with both model types!Please, tell me about composite and/or kevlar kayaks. Who makes the best kayaks and why is it the best?
composite kayaks are much lighter than plastic but they are also more likely to be damaged. They are more of a touring kayak than a white water. Im not sure who makes the best there are hundreds of companys.

No comments:

Post a Comment