Thursday, January 19, 2012

Where to have a lake kayaking vacation in the northeast?

I'm planning a vacation with my family for August. My brother wants to be able to use his kayaks so the vacation will be at a lake...but where? I'm looking for somewhere not in New York or New Jersey where I'm familiar with, where there are rolling mountains, beautiful scenery, and activities other than kayaking like horseback riding.Where to have a lake kayaking vacation in the northeast?
Vermont, and Maine would be great for this sort of vacation. Think of the scenery in the movie On Golden Pond.



AstrobufWhere to have a lake kayaking vacation in the northeast?
Barton Cove is a camping site in i think MA. located right on a river. you can pay to get a shuttle all the way up the river and it will take you a day to get back down the river but you will end up right at your campsite again. My campsite was also located on the river. in the middle of the river was an island with an eagles nest. it was cool to watch the eagle hunt for fish in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment