Thursday, January 19, 2012

How can I transport a kayak or canoe if I have a sedan for a car?

I'm going to buy a kayak or canoe but can't figure a way to transport it , and have already looke at portable kayaks which either looked flimsy or over priced. Please helpHow can I transport a kayak or canoe if I have a sedan for a car?
You can either get a roof rack that will attach to your car even if you have a naked roof.



Or use foam kayak pads and run your straps through the doors.



This is how we do it in the BWCA
A friend of mine has infaltable tubes she puts on the top of her car to rest on the to ends of the kayak and then wraps the straps through your car to secure it to the roof.. if you look around you can find them.

I'm sure its the same as foam pads.

Report Abuse

How can I transport a kayak or canoe if I have a sedan for a car?
First...read about canoes and kayaks. Try the library or book shop for texts. The boat shop can supply transport equipment and show you how to use it safely. Never rely on rubber bungees. If you don't know how to kayak or canoe please take some lessons. Learn the safety rules. Visit your local DNR office and learn about license requirements as well as operatiung rules.
You'll need a roof rack for your car. Both Thule and Yakima make excellent rack systems.



Although the racks are somewhat expensive, they are worth it. You can carry all sorts of stuff with a good set of racks - bikes, skis, surfboards, ladders, lumber, mattresses -- even a kayak.How can I transport a kayak or canoe if I have a sedan for a car?
Get a roof rack for your car!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment