Thursday, January 12, 2012

I am a UK size 20 and my hub wants us to join a kayak club, but I am worried I wont fit! Do kayaks have room?

I just looked up the difference in women's clothing sizes between the US and the UK. Looks like the UK 20 is similar to a US 18. You'll have no problems at all. I myself was once a US 20 when I began kayaking years ago. There are boats that you will fit into. The best way to figure out what will work is to find a retailer that will let you try them out - test paddle them. Get the boat that is appropriate for the water you plan to spend most of the time on, and the one which your fit most comfortably in, and you'll have a great time.I am a UK size 20 and my hub wants us to join a kayak club, but I am worried I wont fit! Do kayaks have room?
Contact the British Canoe Union. Inquire about clubs near you. Go to your nearest boat seller and shop. Cockpits vary in size and can be altered to fit you. Boats vary in volume. Most carry information about suggested capacities, Try Pyranha for specific information...Best, a boat tryout. At one time there was a kayak called, the Big Boy!I am a UK size 20 and my hub wants us to join a kayak club, but I am worried I wont fit! Do kayaks have room?
The main factor for kayaks is weight. Whitewater kayaks are available that will handle up to 200+ LB. I whitewater kayak with a lady that I'd guess was 220 LB (6' 2" and not anorexic) and she has done well at it. You might have to try out a few boats to find the most appropriate one.

No comments:

Post a Comment