Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sit-on-to vs regular Kayaks? Which is right for me?

I plan on taking it to the beach a few times, and definately in the mangrove swamps of Tampa bay and our fresh water springs. I do not mind getting wet, but I will be taking it out from time to time in the colder months and if I get really wet, I may not find it too pleasent. But the sit-on-tops seem to be beter for me becuase I can get in and out of them easier. But the salesman is telling that there is no real advantage to them cuase the regular kayaks are so hard to roll over anyway. Any advice?Sit-on-to vs regular Kayaks? Which is right for me?
I have to say Ive used both and cannos too. For what your looking to do I feel you would like the sit on top. There are also sail kits for the sit on type, helps on making longer trips across inland open water.

I used a sit on to fish salt and fresh water as well as scuba diving. I think also if you buy the SIT ON and dont like it you will be able to sell quite quickly and with no loss.Sit-on-to vs regular Kayaks? Which is right for me?
I have a two seater sit-on-top type and find it great for ocean and lake fishing and kayaking. It's definitely easier to get in and out in my opinion. There's also dry storage usually so you can put things inside and keep them dry.Sit-on-to vs regular Kayaks? Which is right for me?
sit on tops are much safer if you're inexperienced and they're definitley less hassle if you live somewhere as warm as florida they'd also probably be alot more comfortable (closeddeck boats can get hot on a warm day. on the other hand, sit on tops are less high performance- they'll go alot slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment