Thursday, January 19, 2012

EVIL OTTERS, Can otters tip over kayaks?

A man told me and my friend today that the otters in the lake can tip over our kayaks, i seriously doubt it since otters are small and light and the kayak is like 16ft and heavy. I think he just wants to scare us away from the dam wall, what do you thinkEVIL OTTERS, Can otters tip over kayaks?
I rather doubt it as well. All species of otters are very curious and playful, but the ordinary North American species are too small to have much of an influence on a 16 foot boat with over 100 pounds of ballast sitting in it. I don't know if wild otters would approach people either, despite their temperament. I'd say the worst that could happen is perhaps getting your elbows nipped if the otters wanted to get somewhat facetious.

No comments:

Post a Comment