Thursday, January 19, 2012

Does it matter where you sit in a tandem kayak?

I am slightly disabled. My husband, teen daughter and I are planning on going kayaking through an outfitter that provides beginners' trips. They use tandem kayaks. They prefer to have kids go with a parent. If I go with my daughter, does it matter who sits in the front or back of the kayak if I can't paddle as much as her? Where should the stronger person sit or doesn't it matter?Does it matter where you sit in a tandem kayak?
The stronger person should sit in the back, that way they can be responsible for steering the kayak as well as keep an eye on the person in the front and offer assistance if necessary.Does it matter where you sit in a tandem kayak?
In swiftwater I would have the the person that steers the boat in the back... You can always add ballast to the bow for some hole bashin'!Does it matter where you sit in a tandem kayak?
no

No comments:

Post a Comment