Sunday, January 8, 2012

Can I carry two recreational kayaks on a Nissan Alitma sedan?

I know I can get one on, but can I get two on? Do I have to get a roof rack installed, or buy foam pads?





I would be traveling a few hours with the kayaks.|||Now im no kayaker, but i am a mechanic. while theres no doubt you nissan could handle the kayaks, you should think of the consequences. the Nissan altima is a great car, but if you put a roof rack on it you may lower the value, and possibly damage your roof hauling stuff. a car roof is usually thinner that an suv or truck roof. my advice would be to go to your nearest u-haul store and get a tow package installed on your car and buy a cheap small trailer. its not very expensive and you have way more options with a hitch. Thats my advice. you can take a trailer off, but a roof rack leaves permanent holes.|||Best choice, a roof rack. Economy choice, pads and straps or ropes. Use ropes to fasten the bows and sterns to the bumpers. Run a rope over the kayaks and through the window openings. Secure. You can pad with carpet or foam kneeling pads. Do not use rubber bungees. They will stretch in the wind! Check you load after a mile or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment