Sunday, January 8, 2012

What is the DL on inflatable kayaks?

I want to purchase my first kayak and the inflatable ones are a bit cheaper. However, I can't find any good information about them, their pros and cons, etc. I would be using my kayak to mostly cruise around a local lake, and maybe a little on the river. Are the inflatable ones worth it?|||inflatable kayaks are slow, so for that reason they are not great for lake cruising. They are portable and storable so to some those qualities are worth the sacrifice. If you start getting into river use, do not get the bottom of the line (cheep) or they will fall apart fast. Go with the brand "Air" or "Tributary" they are the best and will hold up to the abuse of what ever you throw at them, lake, river, whatever...|||I'd agree that inflatables tend to be slow, and they won't handle well in the wind. I'd be concerned about the durability of the cheaper ones. I definitely wouldn't take them anywhere shallow where's there's a chance of scraping the bottom. The higher end inflatables like Aire, Tributary, and NRS are much more durable; their construction is very similar to whitewater rafts. However, they're also fairly expensive.|||These look like fun, and most reviews sound good!


Have a blast!|||Inflatable kyaks are good because they can take a beating and they are extremely stable. An inflatible kayak is a good choice but make sure you buy a high quality one(NRS, Air, or Riken)

No comments:

Post a Comment