Sunday, January 1, 2012

Will I have any trouble taking kayaks across the boarder to and from Canada from the United States?

I am going to Niagara Falls in a few weeks and I want to know if customs will give me any trouble for having two kayaks on top of my car while crossing the boarder to and from Canada's side of the Falls.|||Nope, shouldn't be a problem. If the kayaks are new and expensive-looking, you might consider officially declaring them as you cross the border. That way when you return to your home country (America or Canada? It was unclear in your q...) the border agents can't claim that you purchased kayaks while out of the country and charge you duty taxes on them.





Incidentally, a "boarder" is a person who _boards_, such as at a _boarding home_ or hostel. A "border", however, is a line or boundary (implied line), in this case delimiting a political territory.|||No, people do it all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment