Sunday, January 1, 2012

Can I carry two kayaks on the rooftop with foam pad blocks on a 4 door sedan?

I have two small kayaks and would like to save money by buying the foam pads rather than an expensive roof rack system. I have a four door car and would like to secure them directly to the roof. I would probably not travel more than an hour with them. Would I be able to safely transport both kayaks without damaging kayaks or car?|||Should be OK. They are light enough.|||The foam blocks will work fine, for short hauls or long.





Take a serious look at a rack system. I haul everything on my rack, kayak, canoe, bikes, fishing rods, luggage, and I can even transfer it between vehicles.





Over the long-term you will be glad you made the investment to protect your toys..........er......... I mean valuable assets.|||Why not try rental of a trailer that can carry kyaks|||whatever is safer for other vehicles on the road. they need to be attached to the car really good.|||Lots of people around here do just that.





Regards,


Dan





38N 71W more or less

No comments:

Post a Comment